- CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented commercially reasonable security measures and follow generally accepted industry standards to protect personally identifiable information sent to our Website or provided to our Services, both during transmission and afterwards. It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not disclose your password to anyone.
However, despite our efforts to maintain the confidentiality and security of your account, no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of electronic storage is completely secure. Although we make every effort to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE WILL COLLECT
We may collect the following personal information through our Website and Services:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Phone (or mobile) number
- Date or birth or age
- Credit/debit card number
- Purchase/return/exchange information
- Your mobile device information (e.g. device model, operating system version, device date and time, unique device identifiers, mobile network information)
- Your television information (e.g. device model, device date and time, unique device identifiers, mobile network information)
- How you use our Website and mobile applications
- IP address
- Health Information
- Names of social contacts
- Personal calendar information
- Life history information
- Language preferences
If you choose not to provide information, we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services or information.
- HOW WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION
We collect the information by the following methods:
You Provide It to Us
We collect information when you provide it to us by telephone, on our Website, through our Services, or through third party devices or services that are used in connection with our Services, for example, health devices, motion sensors, video cameras, activity sensors, or smart speakers.
Automated Information Collection
We may connect information collected automatically with information we already have about you in order to identify you.
Your device may share location information (when you enable location services).
- HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
Information we collect is used for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to processing transactions, mailing hardware to you, providing services to you, providing technical support services to you, identifying fraud, sharing product features with you, and improving our services.
We also use your information to:
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and returns/exchanges
- Maintain a commercial relationship with you and promote our Services
- Provide interactive features of the Website or Services
- Perform and manage our Services
- Perform reporting and analysis
- Identify your needs and preferences
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements
- Administer, maintain, manage, and improve our business operations
- Link devices to enable the content and data on one device to result in a relevant experience on another device
- Monitor user experience information
- Prevent fraud and other harm
- As otherwise required by law
- YOUR CHOICES
You may prevent your devices from sharing your location data by adjusting the permissions on that device or within the relevant application
Uninstall Our Application
You can stop all further collection of information by our application by uninstalling the application from your mobile device or other hardware.
Cookies & Tracking
The help function of your browser should contain instructions on how to set your device to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your device to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of some of our features.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that let you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser “do not track” signals.
- SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not share personal information with third parties, except to provide Services, which you request, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- Credit card processing
- Processing of orders, returns and exchanges
- The data is de-identified, in order to improve the quality of the Website or the Services
- Maintain the services
- If required by law if we believe that the disclosure is required or necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial processing or legal process
- Change of control
- Our legal, financial, or other professional advisors require the information to advise us
- You have provided your consent as required by law
Except as provided above, we will not share any of your information to any third party without permission. We do not sell or rent your information to third parties.
- SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT
Please be advised that we are required to share personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- RETENTION PERIOD
We will retain your personal information for as long as we are providing Services to you and up to ninety (90) days thereafter, unless we are otherwise required to retain your personal information for longer, in which case we will retain your personal information for only as long as we are required by applicable law. We may retain personal information in de-identified form thereafter solely for our business purposes.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. In furtherance of this commitment, we do not have content on our Website or through our Services which would be inappropriate or otherwise restricted for use by persons eighteen (18) years of age or younger. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
- YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- Right to request that we disclose personal information or categories of personal information that we collect, use disclose, and sell
- Right to request that we delete personal information we have collected from you
- Right to request we opt you out of the sale of your personal information
- Right to non-discrimination
We will not discriminate against you because you exercise your rights.
- PROCESS USED TO VERIFY A DELETION REQUEST
If you make a deletion request, you will be required to submit three pieces of information including but not limited to your name, address, and home number. We will use this information to search our systems and determine if we have information about you. If we are able to locate information about you, we will fulfill your request. If we are not able to match all three pieces of information you submit, we may provide you will a report that includes the categories of information we collect, use, disclose and sell.
If you are an authorized agent, you will be required to submit your name, address, and phone number, as well as the name, address, and phone number of the person on whose behalf you are making a request. If we are able to locate the information about the person on whose behalf you are making the request, we will fulfill your request. As an authorized agent, you will also be required to complete a form certifying you have the right to make this request on behalf of the third party.
- HOW TO SUBMIT A VERIFIABLE REQUEST
You can submit a request using the methods listed below:
- Deletion Requests: Contact Independa at (800) 815-7829 or email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do Not Sell My Information Requests: Email your request to email@example.com.
- CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT
If you are a California resident and have a relationship with us, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing uses. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to us at our email address in order to receive information on the categories of customer information that we shared and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year. To obtain this information, please submit your request to Independa, Inc., Attn: California Shine the Light Inquiry, 3525 Del Mar Heights Rd., Suite 800, San Diego, CA 92130 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 30 days for a response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
- CALIFORNIA MINOR REQUEST
If you are a California resident under 18 years old, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our Website or other Services. Note that fulfilment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal. To request remove of content or information, please contact us at (800) 815-7829.
- NEVADA RESIDENTS
- Nevada law gives Nevada consumers the right to request that a company not sell their personal information for monetary consideration to certain other parties. The right applies even if their personal information is not currently being sold. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to exercise this right, please email your request to: email@example.com.
- ALTERNATIVE FORMAT REQUESTS
- DATA TRANSFER, STORAGE & PROCESSING
If you are accessing our Website or Services from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be advised that your personal information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States.
- CONTACT US
Attn.: Privacy Officer
3525 Del Mar Heights Rd., Suite 800
San Diego, CA 92130
- EFFECTIVE DATE